The PTSA and Booster Club will each award two (2) $500 scholarships for graduating seniors attending a two- or 4-year college or university or other post-secondary program.
In order to qualify for the NWHS PTSA and/or NWHS Booster Club Scholarships you must meet the requirements listed below:
• Be a graduating Senior from Northwest High School, Class of 2022
• Have a minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Have received a letter of acceptance and plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university or other post-secondary program
• Have completed a minimum of 150 SSL hours
• Submit a 300- to 500-word essay based on the prompts in the application. If you are applying to both the PTSA and the Booster Club Scholarship, two essays are required.
If you meet all of the requirements above your essays, with name redacted for anonymity, will be forwarded to the parent panel who will score all essays. The highest-scoring essays will be awarded the scholarships. The scholarships are awarded independently. Winning one does not qualify or eliminate you from the other. Feel free to apply for both!
Scholarship winners will be announced and presented at the Senior Awards Ceremony in May 2022.
Application Deadline: Application will be posted in February 2022.
You will need an MCPS email to access the form below!
CLICK TO APPLY (Coming February 2022.)
Additional Scholarship Opportunities:
Senior parents and students are encouraged to regularly check our Scholarship and Financial Aid website by selecting “College Career” at the top of the Northwest website and then “Scholarships and Financial Aid” on the left side.