PTSA & Booster Club Scholarships
The PTSA and Booster Club will each award two $500 scholarships for graduating seniors attending a two- or 4-year college or university or other post-secondary program.
In order to qualify for the NWHS PTSA and/or NWHS Booster Club Scholarships you must meet the requirements listed below:
• Be a graduating Senior from Northwest High School, Class of 2023
• Have received a letter of acceptance and plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university or other post-secondary program/training
• Have completed a minimum of 100 SSL hours for PTSA scholarship; a minimum of 75 SSL hours for Booster Club scholarship
• Submit a 300- to 500-word essay based on the prompts in the application. If you are applying to both the PTSA and the Booster Club Scholarship, two essays are required.
If you meet all of the requirements above your essays, with name redacted for anonymity, will be forwarded to the parent panel who will score all essays. The highest-scoring essays will be awarded the scholarships. The scholarships are awarded independently. Winning one does not qualify or eliminate you from the other. Feel free to apply for both!
Scholarship winners will be announced and presented at the 2023 Senior Awards Ceremony on May 25, 2023.
Application Deadline: April 23, 2023
You will need an MCPS email to access the application: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Additional Scholarship Opportunities:
Senior parents and students are encouraged to regularly check our Scholarship and Financial Aid website by selecting “College Career” at the top of the Northwest website and then “Scholarships and Financial Aid” on the left side.
Joshua Snyder Memorial Foundation Scholarship: Deadline 3.31
The Joshua Snyder Memorial Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that has been established to award post-secondary scholarships to qualifying graduating seniors at Northwest High School in Germantown, Maryland.
The Memorial Foundation was named for Joshua Snyder an outstanding student-athlete at Northwest High School. He ran cross country and track, wrestled, and played football. He was also a member of the National Art Honor Society and the National Academy of Finance. He had a desire to help people and aspired to a career in physical therapy. Joshua was tragically killed in an auto accident in October, 2018, while on his way to an internship.
For 2023, the Foundation is offering four $2,500 Joshua Snyder Memorial Foundation Scholarship (open to all graduating seniors).
Click link to apply (must use google account): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfNTUdNhHZ6i0XGjCdxuNEvHQe-6mbalHWENSEFD5pnlArMHQ/viewform?pli=1
Ruth and Norman Rales–Patricia Baier O’Neill Scholarship Recognizing Academic Excellence: Learn more and apply at this webpage: www.mcpsfoundation.org/ scholarships. Each year, the program will award 200 scholarships worth $10,000 each to the highest achieving graduating seniors from low-to-moderate income households in Montgomery County to help ease the financial burden of attending college, beginning in 2023 through 2027. In total, 1,000 exceptional students will receive scholarships, in recognition of their hard work and achievement.
Educational Systems Federal Credit Union, through the Support Education Foundation, is proud to provide the following 2023 Scholarship Opportunities:
- Community College Scholarship
- Dorothy Marvil Scholarship
- Rosemary Brinkley Business and Finance Scholarship
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2023. Additional details can be found at SupportEducation.org.
Each year the NWHS SGA awards two $500 scholarships to Northwest seniors that demonstrate a deep understanding of leadership and service through their time at Northwest and beyond. All seniors are encouraged to apply. Winners will be recognized at the 2023 Northwest Senior Awards Ceremony.
In order to qualify for the NWHS SGA Leadership Scholarship you must meet the requirements listed below:
– Be a graduating Senior from Northwest High School, Class of 2023
– Have received a letter of acceptance and plan to attend a two- or four-year college, university, or technical school
– Have completed a minimum of 100 SSL Hours
– Submit a 250 to 400 word essay based on prompt listed below
Application is due by Sunday, April 23, at 11:59pm: https://forms.gle/qTNnD5NKQDxbuNPn8
Walter Hardy Memorial Fund will be awarding two $5,000 scholarships this year. Please share this message with your communities – websites and social media – as well as your college and career coordinator. In memory of Walter Hardy, longtime coach and athletic director in Montgomery County Public Schools, the Walter Hardy Memorial Fund (WHMF) will award two $5,000 scholarships as outlined below.
The purpose of the Walter Hardy Memorial Fund (WHMF) Scholarship is to encourage the furtherance of education and honor the accomplishments of deserving student-athletes who have overcome challenges to achieve success in the classroom and competition.
AWARD APPLICATION: https://forms.gle/F4sQCsK2kV3Kz9hUA
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must:
• be a graduating senior – Class of 2023
• share a significant obstacle (off the field or court) that they have overcome on their way to becoming a successful student-athlete
• have earned at least two varsity letters during their time in high school
• have achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50
Applicants must submit ALL of the following items on or before May 1, 2023.
• a completed application
• a copy of the letter of acceptance from the college of choice or a written statement of post-high school plans
• an unofficial transcript
• a Statement of Achievements – athletic, academic, and community achievements
• Essay explaining the obstacle they have overcome
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated – Eta Pi Zeta Chapter is pleased to announce that it is still accepting online applications for the 2022 – 2023 scholarship awards. Book and regular scholarships will be awarded in amounts up to $1,000 (subject to change).
An applicant must:
- be a 2023 graduating high school senior
- be accepted at a two- or four-year not-for-profit college or university
- have a minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 2.5
- live or attend school in Montgomery County, Maryland
- provide a photo authorization signed by a parent or guardian
Each scholarship application will be evaluated on the following criteria: personal essay, grades, extracurricular and community activities, community service hours, and letters of recommendation. All items requested must be received by March 31, 2023 to be considered for a scholarship. Applicants may apply online: Scholarship Application